Friday, July 20, 2007

Ish

We're having friends over for dinner tonight so I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday to buy some fresh veggies.
I left the broccoli and cauliflower in the same bag together for about 36 hours.
Today, when I went to cut up the veggies, both the broccoli and cauliflower were COVERED in green caterpillars, each about an inch long, almost exactly the same color as the broccoli.
Know how I found them?
I thought, "Boy this broccoli is really squishy."

I can still feel one of them under my fingernails.

Wretch.

13 comments:

kristi noser said...

We grew broccoli in the garden one year. I had people over and was so proud of my fresh green goodness. Until I put it in the hot water and all the green worms came out. That was an easy way to get rid of them tho.

Kristin said...

My skin is crawling on your behalf. Seriously!

theswamphare said...

salt water works, too; or you could just say that "We're having a Man-vs-Wild dinner and I decided this would be the vegetable and protein dish."

Mark

hannahjane said...

that is quite possibly the second most disgusting thing i've ever heard. Second only to mom's fat guy with ticks story. ugh...

Anonymous said...

That makes my butt quench.....

Brandy Dopkins said...

aughhhh ew ew ew

Carla said...

That's just baaaaaaaaaaad.

Anonymous said...

I wanna hear the fat guy with ticks story!!! Kristin

erin said...

Take it to your own blog, Noser.

kristi noser said...

I've been told that that story is true, so I don't think I should post it. Even if I changed the names (which I don't know in the first place)how many times does that HAPPEN?
Kristin will just have to wait til I meet her someday.

Mandi said...

So uhh, you know that leftover coleslaw I ate outta your fridge? Was anything in that coleslaw from the farmers market? The thought grosses me out.

THAT'S why I said that I don't trust anything in your fridge :)

kristi noser said...

Mandi, Mandi, Mandi. How do you think she MADE the cole slaw?

theswamphare said...

Time to put up a new post, missy.

We've been prettty patient these last few days.