Monday, August 06, 2007

Update on Richard

Thank you, everyone, SO MUCH for your prayers and support.
Richard came home tonight which I personally didn't think was possible.
He is improving literally by the hour and I've seen a dramatic improvement even since we got home 3 hours ago.
I am so proud of him! This has been very tough and he handled it with grace and left the hospital with his pride in tact.
I have changed through this experience.
I'll never, EVER look at an ambulance the same way again. I'll know that somewhere nearby there is a wife or mother who is very worried.
I'll never, ever look at my husband the same way again. I have new respect for his faith, courage and endurance.
I know "it's only a broken leg," but I feel that this trial has really strengthened our marriage and brought us closer together. (Plus, it's not just a broken leg! It's a broken FEMUR that required major surgery!)
Once again, Richard and I thank you for everything.

He's very happy to have his picture taken.
Note the walker and crutches!

10 comments:

Carla said...

Yay! Hubby is home!! You are taking good care of your man, Erin. I started something with Joshua when he was 2. Praying together whenever we heard a siren.

Unknown said...

When I saw the walker in the picture the first thing I did was look for the tennis ball...and it was there!

Thanks for the update. Get well!

theswamphare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theswamphare said...

Get well, Richard.

When do we get to hear the anecdote from your perspective?

not that I need vicarious pain, but I never had a broken bone evulse through the skin.

Mandi said...

Pedro looks much happier than he did on Saturday afternoon when I spent a few hours with him. He was sulking around and sighing every 5 minutes.

Oh yeah, Rich looks better too.

Naomi said...

Looking good Richard! He looks much happier than he did a few days ago! I am glad you guys got to go home. You will both be much more comfortable there.

kristi noser said...

Richard, you look good. I hope you're up and around on your own soon.
Thanks for the update Erin.

rt said...

Does everyone get a pair of no slip "slippers" as a reminder to hospitalization? Looking might fine Sir Richard of the not faint hearted. Our family is still praying for you and Erin. Thanks for the update!

kristi noser said...

We call those slippers "non-skid-stayers" cuz they don't slip-they stay!

Katie R. said...

So happy to know Richard is healing quickly. I know things will go even better at home. Home always makes a person feel better. God is very good.