Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Quilt Retreat: A,B,C; 1,2,3; Baby, you and me.

You know that feeling you get when you slowly realize you're into a project that's WAY over your head? That's how I started to feel around letter G.
It took me all weekend, but I managed to finish all the letters of the paper-pieced alphabet for the new quilt I'm working on.

And this is a picture of the baby quilt I started for Shirley Jean about two years ago when I was pregnant with her. Thanks, Kristi, for helping with the binding!

This ABC Quilt is brought to you by the number four.

10 comments:

kristi noser said...

Hey! we both have purple "4" pillows on our blogs!
I like your letters and am quite proud that you finished all of them. More than I would have done.
Nice job, Erin.

kathaleend said...

That is going to be darling. It will help bitty wee to learn and use words at an early age.

lovemom

the fam said...

WOW Erin! I am superimpressed! (yes, that's oneword) Great job! Hopefully you will get it done is short order.

Happy quilting.

Emily said...

I love to quilt. Isn't it fun?
Btw, I LOVE Julie & Julia too. It was a great movie. :)

Jolene said...

ohmigosh! that is sooo cool erin!!!!

angie said...

so cool, erin! i'm not sure which one i like best.

Princess Ruby said...

LOVE it! Well done!

Emily said...

I don't remember... Sorry.
Oh and I believe I met your younger sister I think at church a while back. I go to FCC. :-)

Kara Jo said...

Love it. Love it. Love it. Like the Sesame Street reference as well. :)

Unknown said...

I'm way impressed because those teeny tiny quilting needles intimidate me. I scare away from any craft that looks like it requires a magnifying glass. Good job! And I sincerely hope you finish it before that baby comes otherwise you may have to shelf it for a year OR TWO!