Friday, March 26, 2010

Still Watiting...and all too pleased.

My doctor appointment could not have gone better this morning!
We did a non-stress test on BittyWee where we determined that s/he is very comfortable in his/her current environment. We measured his/her heartrate and my (non-existent) contractions for almost an hour. For the first twenty minutes or so, BittyWee was sound asleep and his/her heartrate hovered around 130bpm until Fern made me move around and drink some cold water. Then we got to watch it soar to 160bpm and down to 120bpm as s/he moved around and "woke up." Fern says full-term babies really do have sleeping and waking schedules. I have to say I was pleased to learn BittyWee was sound asleep at 7:45. :)
The surprise of the morning was that my blood pressure actually went down! I couldn't believe it. It never occurred to me to ask God to lower my blood pressure! I just asked Him to take care of our baby.
I am so pleased that BittyWee is happy and stress-free in his or her still-hospitable environment and that no induction methods were needed this morning. I am perfectly happy to stay uncomfortable in lieu of inducing. Call me crazy. My next appointment is on Monday morning...if I need it. Fern says she may be seeing us this weekend because I'm a "stretchy" 3cm.
We shall see!
Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayers.

*Excerpted from HaikuBabies.*

No comments: