Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Karma's a...

On Saturday, Mom and I braved Walmart.
We shouldn't have done it, in retrospect, but we were feeling adventurous.
While trying to park, Mom got herself into a little bit of a bind. She couldn't stop because of the way she was situated in the lane, but couldn't keep going because a pedestrian was trying to cross.
Long story short (but definitely not the end of the world), the pedestrian had to step back on to the curb to make room for us. She, apparently, was offended by this and flipped Mom off.
Imagine it! A pedestrian flipping off a driver--practically in slow motion, or, under 10mph anyway. I would NEVER be that brave.
Well, we spent an hour or so in the store doing our shopping and while Mom waited in the checkout line, I ran back up to customer service to pick something up. As I made my way back to where Mom was waiting, I saw the girl who flipped us off.
A 1-gallon jug of tomato juice had just exploded all over her groceries.
Sucks, don't it?

4 comments:

angie said...

ha! that is awesome. i can only imagine her blog today ... "worst grocery-shopping trip of MY LIFE"

Jolene said...

oh my gosh!!!!!! too terrible and too funny. how does that even happen!?

kristi noser said...

I am sorry for the mess someone had to clean up, but she got what was comin'.

LadyD said...

Gotta appreciate your response! If somebody would have flipped my Mom off like that I would have got out of the car and re-arranged their face. Again, I am working on that anger thing.
See what happened! If we just wait-and let go- And Let God! He sure took care of it! Good one God, I think he has a sense of humor.....