Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pop and Lock

Dear Paul Dopkins,
The guy over at StuffChristiansLike.net wrote this in reference to THAT STUPID SONSEED VIDEO and other ridiculious Christian music videos. I hope this comes true to the very word:
"OK God, you're in control. I don’t get to define what you are pleased with. Maybe that breakdancing was exactly what you wanted and there were people that were deeply moved by that. But between you and me, I hope that when I get to heaven you'll do a little pop and lock, pull me aside and whisper, 'Hey, even I thought that video was funny.' But we'll just have to wait and see."
Speaking of stupid Christian music videos, here is one that I would have thought was VERY cool when I was 16. I guess "cool" and "funny" are in the eyes of the beholder.
I'm just saying.

Sincerely,
Erin
p.s. He taught me how to praise my God and still play rock and roll. [Emphasis mine.]
p.p.s. The idea of God doing pop and lock is quite possibly the funniest thing I've read in weeks, nay, months.

3 comments:

angie said...

true confession: i have that cd. HAHAHA let me know if you ever want to borrow it. i'll happily dig it out for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Erin Devoojhay,
I am truly honored to receive a personal blog post. You don't usually do that except to future or past Erin. So thank you.
I am glad you quoted another source on this however. Your musical credibility was somewhat in question after our conversation about Raffi.
Paul Dopkins
Sonseed Fan Club President
St. Croix Valley Chapter

theswamphare said...

Hey, I really like this video!