Saturday, May 09, 2009

My name is Erin...


It's 2am and I'm shopping for purses on eBay.
I can't hide it anymore. I have a purse sickness. An addiction.
I. Can't. Stop.
I bought my first Coach purse my senior year of high school (gray, shoulder strap, magnetic closure) and since then I have lost count of how many handbags I own. I'm not kidding. Instead of counting sheep, I count purses.
There is just something about that soft, fragrant leather that I am completely unable to walk away from.
[Leeeaaaaathhhhhherrrrrrrr...]
Where was I?
While we were in Florida, we went to the Coach store, and many handbags were an additional 50% off.
I don't mind telling you, interweb, I cried.
I ran around the store with no less than seven purses on my arms, modeling for the mirror, asking strangers which ones they liked best. It was better than DisneyWorld.
Lately, I've been dipping my e-toes in the REALLY expensive purses. The Fendi and Louis Vuitton's out there. (Did you know that only one store in Minnesota carries Louis Vuitton?)
I'm willing to start small. Buy vintage. We can make this work.

Other people drink. Smoke. Snort. Eat. Gamble.
Some people shop. For purses.
Someone help me.


p.s. My bags have names.
p.p.s. I am only admitting this to you all now, because you know me well enough by now to know that my purse addiction doesn't mean I'm a jerk. Or materialistic. Or a snot. Really. I just can't help myself.
p.p.p.s. StoptalkingErin.
p.p.p.p.s. Will you still be my friend?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm... the first step is admitting you have a problem? Since you are announcing it, is this a cry for help?

I know you're not a materialistic snot :) I love my expensive highlights and hair cut and I'm not a snot either. I think EVERYONE deserves a splurge! Especially moms.

Let's go to bed because we've got poopy diapers to change and dogs to walk in the morning.

kristi noser said...

I believe Melissa is the voice of reason here.
I do not carry a purse (or handbag, whatever you girls are calling them these days) so I have to live vicariously through your purse collection. I think we need some more. No, really.

Brandy Dopkins said...

umm, I'm more of an enabler when it comes to Louis. I can see 3 hanging on a hook by the door from where I am sitting in the kitchen. is this a problem? I'll need some time to consider...

Love, B

Mark and Jonay said...

I'm don't think I can help you, but I can point you to someone who shares your affliction - my sister-in-law Stacy. Stacy received her umpteenth Coach purse last night for her birthday. It was white and silver with purple lining...very pretty.

Kara Jo said...

I'll still be your friend. BTW, why were you up at 2 AM to begin with?

kathaleend said...

I fear that if I count them I will have to confront my problem. So until then I don't have a problem. (I also don't weigh myself, so I don't have a weight problem.) I am ready to do some swapping with styles that don't work for me. Let me know when you are ready.

lovemom

Carla said...

Still your friend. On facebook even. I am fascinated by this purse thing!! I have had the same purse for at least 6 years. Found it in the clearance bin at Wallyworld.

Cara said...

I LOVE that you have a purse addiction. I do, too. We should start a support group. Or, just start the business we started--designer bags for whores. Coach is Cooch. Gucci is Cuchi. What else did we come with?!?

angie said...

purse names, please!

sasha malena said...

i feel your pain! i love the fact that whether i gain or lose wieght my purses will always fit me! boys have cars and golf and hunting, so its only fair. and NO i do not feel bad about it. also the bigger the better, lol!