Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dance for Jesus

For those of you who still visit my blog (I just typed bog by accident. Ironic? I think not.), I've been missing for a while because my Great-Grandmother, Helga, is dying. I've spent the week riding up there with my dad to sit by her bed and offer help where I can.
Last night it struck me: waiting for a loved one to die is not unlike waiting for your best friend to have a baby.
It's longer than you expect it to be, arduous, tedious and stressful.
If you are very, very blessed, though, both end in a homecoming and hopefully, a celebration.

6 comments:

Naomi said...

What a great perspective Erin. We will be celebrating as Gram enters the presence of our God.

(Also, just had to mention my word verification is "bednest" which is probably what you have made beside Gram's bed at the hospital this week)

Katie R. said...

Praying for you and your family. How special that you are able to spend this time with your Gram. What a comfort you must be to her.

Kara Jo said...

I'm so sorry, Erin. That's a good analogy--and a bittersweet one, too.

Anonymous said...

Erin, sorry to hear about Gram. My mom just died last week, and I know you'll hold dear every moment you spent with her in the hospital. That is bringing me a lot of comfort, knowing I was there for her. I pray for His peace and comfort for you as you go through this and in the aftermath.

Laurie S.

erin said...

Laurie, I'm SO sorry to hear about your mother!
I am praying for you and your family during this hard time. I hope you can check in and let me know how everyone is doing.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Erin. It's been a tough and busy 2 weeks, and there is still a lot to do. Through it all, I cry and grieve. That's the way it goes. It's amazing how kind and supportive people are in times like this.

Laurie S.