Monday, August 13, 2007

Back

I'm back at work today, which is nice, though I'm VERY tired from my week at home with Richard. He is doing very well and getting around well enough that I wasn't terrified to leave him home alone for the day.
Thank you again for all your prayers.
Everyone at work has been relatively understanding except for ONE GUY. Apparently last week he was on the rampage and thought it was ridiculous that I had to stay home with Richard. He reportedly wanted to call me at home to ask me to come in to work. Nice, eh?
This is making me a little cranky.
I'm going to have trouble holding my tongue when I have to talk to him today.
In an effort to contain myself here's a couple haiku dedicated to my dipwad co-worker. It is a little non-traditional, but I think you'll like it.

Dear Mr. Dipwad,
I'm sorry it was such a
problem for you when

Richard broke his leg.
I guess my priorities
are diff'rent than yours.

Asshole.

8 comments:

kristi noser said...

I'm sure there are people around that would break his leg to teach him a little empathy....just a thought.
Hey Mark, ya busy this week?

theswamphare said...

Some 'Swampy-ku'

Honest, your Honor
I was helping him get up
Gee, I bet that hurts

Dislocated arm
you didn't even pass out
It can't be that bad

Put it in a sling
Park close tomorrow at work
Erin sends regards


Swampy

erin said...

I LOVE it when other people haiku on my blog!
Especially when it's done well.
I appreciate the sentiments, guys. My heart swells at the thought of you ... violently sticking up for me.

Carla said...

Sorry about dipwad. How did it go when you talked to him?

erin said...

He told me it was ok. I said, "I'm not apologizing."
He ran away as fast as he could.

kristi noser said...

I love the Swampy-ku

theswamphare said...

Jackalope Haiku

Wednesday morning quiet
coffee with my Key-Lime pie
walked the dogs at five

Check blog 'the thing is'
lamp casting ring of warm light
Dog pants at my feet

Friend's dog has puppies
five boys three girls puppy love
I'll post pictures later on

Anonymous said...

erin, "asshole" doesn't have 5 or 7 OR 5 syllables in it. you've really lost your haiku touch... ;)

--sisterlauren