Monday, August 27, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

I had a jam-packed, but WONDERFUL weekend.
My weekend got to start by spending Friday night with my Noonie helping her get ready for college. My heart was so full of pride and love all night that when it came time to go home, I couldn't hold it any longer. We cried and hugged in the driveway, and I had so many things that I wanted to tell her that they all came tumbling out at once, "I love you, I'm proud of you, and always wear your shower shoes."
Luckily, we both had a giggle over this and I was able to go home. I don't mind telling you I cried most of the way home.
It's not that she's SO far away, or that she's not coming back or that I won't see her. It's that her life is taking off now, and I can't wait to see where it goes. I hope I get to be a part of it.
Ok, I have to stop now. (tear, tear)
Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending Nene's baby shower. What a joy to celebrate that little miracle who is well on its way here! Not much longer and we'll get to FINALLY meet little Presh!
Then on Saturday evening, we took Dad out to dinner at the Lexington to celebrate his 60th Birthday. It was such a wonderful night filled with laughter and good food that I didn't want to leave.
Yesterday was spent lounging and folding laundry (I wouldn't have it any other way), and it was very hard to leave my quiet, dark house this morning with everyone still sleeping.

I'll try to put up some photos later today.

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

Sounds like a funner weekend!

Kristin said...

Shoulda woke 'em all up. That would have been fun!

We need a Richard-the-Brave report. How is he doing?