Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes!

I found them.
The perfect pair of dress shoes for the summer.
I don't mind telling you, I planned an entire outfit around these shoes. Picture it, charcoal sweater set, crisp kahki pants, pearls, the whole nine yards. Very town and country.** Very, "Oh, dahling, you simply must join Richard and me in the Hamptons for the Fourth of July!"
I'm in love.















The problem is that the only size they had left was a half-size too big for me. Couple this with the fact that my toes slide out the front and we have a little-girl-in-her-mom's-high-heels-clonking-down-the-hall situation.
I almost didn't make it to my desk, and I can only imagine what I must have looked like. I know what I sounded like, though, and it wasn't pretty. Or professional.
Luckily, I had the bright idea to put some 3M Nexcare Brand Bandages (not band-aids--for shame!) on my heels, and they seem to be staying on my feet a little bit better.
As my mom says, "Beauty is painful!" ...Or takes ingenuity and sacrifice.


**Dressing in costume makes the days easier. Today is Town & Country, tomorrow will be Modern Gal. Not sure about Thursday yet. I'm open for suggestions.

I've been remiss in my haiku writing.


The "Perfect Pair" is
such an elusive myst'ry!
Beauty is painful!
Gotta look gorgeous...
What's this Town & Country gal
to do? Buy more shoes!

p.s. Nobody tell Richard I bought another pair of black shoes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring 'em along this weekend, we will fix you up. Keep them away from Pedro....What brand are there are where did you find them AND did you get a bargain? You seem to have left some important details out.

erin said...

Got a great deal.
That's all I'll say.

Carla said...

Thursday is Gone With the Wind.

Anonymous said...

Friday is a causal day so how about crazy pajama day?

kristi noser said...

I agree with Carla on "Gone With The Wind" day. Make sure you leave the curtain rod in the dress you sew, a'la Carol Burnett.

The shoe picture caused vertigo. I couldn't look at it very long!
Nice pedi, tho.

Anonymous said...

Since when can you picture your feet and post them on the internet? Hey did you buy another pair of black shoes?

erin said...

Is this Richard?
Oh, no! I'm so busted!