Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Worthless

Last Friday, I worked my fingers to the bone (literally, I cut my thumb) cleaning out the supply and copy room, which houses a printer that we all share. For any of you who work in an office, you know this is a dirty job, especially when you take into account how many people print things out on the printer and never pick them up. Because of this, I hung up a sign that said, "At 5:00pm every day all printouts will be thrown away, with the exception of faxes." I worked all day and went home filthy and tired.
So, last night at 4:44, I threw everything away that people had left on the printer. Early, I know, but I was trying to go home.
This morning a post-it was on one of the signs that says, "I was here at 4:45 and you had thrown my printouts. 5:00?"
I saved it and plan to keep it forever to remind myself that nothing I do will ever be good enough and my hard work is worthless.
What really gets me is the "5:00?" at the end of the note. It's like the author (a woman) tried to think of a way to drive the knife a little deeper. Of course, it wasn't signed, so it was passive aggressive and mean. Apparently, this woman knows how to really get under my skin.
I'd like to add to my Ill Communication post.
#14. Passive aggressiveness solves nothing, you ass clown. (Please see #8, #10, #11 and #12.)

Feelings really hurt
by a thoughtless post-it note.
Why keep working hard?


Discouragement meter for today: 8.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

I think that if she wanted her papers, she should come and pick the damn things up right after she prints them. Sheesh, what a loser.
Sorry about your day.
Change the sign to read 4:45 instead of 5:00.
Too bad you don't know who it is, you could give her "sneeze papers".

idnak said...

I think it would be fitting to make a dozen copies of this whiner's printouts and paper the workroom with them. She needs to get off her lazy ass and pick them up right after she sends them to the printer. What a wench! I'm sorry that you have to deal with such a bee-atch.

Carla said...

I am sorry, Erin. My mom used to write notes and tape them up all over the house. 5 minute showers! Turn off the A/C! Shut your window! We called them piss notes.

kristi noser said...

I have a confession. I am hard-pressed not to put up piss notes all over the house.