Friday, June 02, 2006

first timer

The way I understand it, haiku is a form of Japanese poetry, defined by wikipedia.org as a short three-line poem which consists of a "pattern of approximately 5, 7, and 5," syllables per line. I'm pretty sure that haiku are supposed to focus primarily on nature and the beauty we find within, our bonsai tree, blah, blah...
The truth is, that I find it much more interesting and !FUN! to write haiku about daily life. For instance--about my iPod. Or about choosing a blog name--which is HARD. Nothing good was available--until I remembered my love for this dainty form of poetry. So what we've got is what I like to think of as a hybrid form of poetry--Modern Haiku, if you will. Also, I'm not sure if we're allowed to use punctiation or pronouns in haiku, but i think these things are encompassed in the hybrid.
Here, for my very first blog post is a series of haiku that I wrote about my very first ever blog.

"Blog"
can't get a blog name
i want a really good one
been trying for hours

i need one quickly
gotta be clever and cute
any ideas?

what do i love the most?
wait a minute, i've got it!
haiku lady--yeah!

This is what I went to college for. I am trained for nothing.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Nice Job Erin, Brandy is a huge haiku lover as well.
Welcome to blogdom. I look forward to reading your blogs.

Anonymous said...

How about "Haiku-na-matata"? Means no worries, for the rest of your days.....

erin said...

Which is exactly why I'm trained for nothing.

zoƫ said...

found your blog by chance

thoroughly enjoyed it

thank you for the laughs