Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Leadership Roles

So...you know how you expect the expert of any particular situation to take the lead and show you how something should be done? Yeah. With that in mind, I'd like to thank Person X in the framing department at JoannEtc and Person Y at the loading dock at Menards for taking what could have been a nice, easy, FUN night for me last night and SMASHING. IT. ON. THE. GROUND.
First of all, don't trust 19-year-olds. Ever. Especially when they say, "I do this all the time. I know what I'm doing."
That was my first mistake at both Joann's and Menards.
Long story short, it should NOT take a full hour to load a table and four chairs into the back of your friend's SUV. Apparently, Person Y is not very good with spacial concepts. We'll leave it at that.
And, when Person X in the framing department told me to cut off 7/8 of an inch from my poster on each edge, I should have done the math myself. Oh wait. I did. 3 times. Yeah. I ruined a poster, a piece of plexi-glass and so much more--namely, my and my friend's evenings. I was a LIT major, people. Not math. Or custom framing. Or loading SUV's.
Ugh.
So, maybe I shouldn't blame other people for my shortcomings in framing and my unwillingness (initially) to load the car myself, but like I said--I expected the EXPERTS to take the lead and to know what they were doing. So, I lay the blame solely on Persons X and Y.

Untitled

Persons X and Y,
You ruined my whole evening.
Yes, I'm blaming you.



I'm pretty sure this has been a waste of a blog. Sorry guys.

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

A blog is from you is never a waste of space Erin.

Jenna said...

haha! I think that's a true haiku!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I'm sorry about your poster - that sucks! Just remember that, unfortunately, stores hire a warm body, make them watch a "training video," and send them out on the floor. (Hey, you know what? That's pretty much what's going on in my office, too. I feel your pain.)

Here's one for you:

Store owners, get smart!
Hire one with more than a pulse.
Then we might come back.