Monday, July 03, 2006

Jenna

It seems like as we get older, we find ourselves saying goodbye more often than we may want to. I know I have. My best friend left yesterday to spend about 3 months in Turkey, and then a year or so (give or take...you can never be sure with those overly-organized Fulbright folks...) in Austria. She was awarded a Fulbright research scholarship to go teach English in Turkey, and then to study linguistics in Austria. She's pretty smart, though, ironically, has trouble finding her way out of the Tamarack Village Parking Lot...go figure. Anyway, this is not the first time she's left. Jenna has traveled much of Europe, drinking and carousing mostly, but this time, it's to do good. Just kidding. I only know a handful of people--wait three people--that can pick up a language so quickly and throroughly in such a short time, and love it. But it was harder this time to see her go--mainly because I am so proud. So, Jenna, we send you off with our love and prayers. I miss you, friend.

My sad heart will long
For your laughter and friendship
Until your return.

Go take on the world
I'll be here praying for you
You are a dear friend.

Don't forget me here
in Roseville, Rose of all 'burbs
You "just can't sit still!"


No comments: