Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Don't Blame Me...

Have you seen those bumper stickers? The ones that say,
"Don't blame me...I voted for Kerry."
I think they're really lame, and they puzzle and trouble me every time I see them.

This is the guy I automatically assume is driving the car when I see that bumper sticker:


I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, do you think any of those people really get blamed ...for the state of our country? ...for the way our president may or may not have handled things, ever? ...for whatever they don't like about our government? Or is it just a way to tout their liberal stance even when it's not an election year? I'm guessing that's probably closer to home, but I'd prefer to see a "Liberal Ass" bumper sticker than "Don't blame me..." It just gets right to the point.

Also, I'd like to point out the high incidence of my being cut off in traffic by these people. Again, I'm just sayin'.

I guess I just don't get it. Why would anyone blame any one person for how they think the country is shaping up? Hm...like we (metaphoric we, folks) tend to blame one man in the first place.

Ooh...deep.

Ok, so not one of my best blogs, but you have to admit--the guy in the middle is sorta funny.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's a matter of blaming individuals. I don't think anyone holds any one person responsible for the way the election turned out.

I do not have an "Don't blame me" bumpter sticker.

BUT...I do hold Americans, the ones who voted Bush, responsible for what has happened in the last 4 years. I don't view them as individually responsible, but collectively responsible? Sure. Make a mistake once, shame on you. But that second time around was inexcusable.

(You don't know me, by the way. I just was clicking around blogger and found this post.)

kristi noser said...

Erin you kill me! I wonder if Ellie will come a clickin' back and read your scathing retort...

kristi noser said...

Makes you wonder what she ws looking for, title of the picture and all....

erin said...

Frankly, I'm not all that concerned. Hold me responsible. That's fine. The buck has to land somewhere, I guess.

Carla said...

Hey Erin,
Thank you for taking the heat for ALL of the Americans who elected Bush president TWICE! You are the woman!
Ellie,
Bush is YOUR president too whether you like it or not. He has earned the title and the office of president is worthy of respect no matter who is in it.

erin said...

Amen, sista!

Joey said...

Okay, this post just may have been better than the last one I commented on, and I thought that was going to be hard to do. But then, maybe it's just because it was political this time?

Either way, you're dead on with this. Especially when you only have two legitimate options (no folks, Nader doesn't count any more than Buchanan would), what are you supposed to do?