Tuesday, August 01, 2006

BUSTING with Pride



LOOK AT MY BABY BROTHER!

This is a link from the Missoulian--a newspaper from Missoula, Montana, highlighting what the Forest Service Rangers are doing to stop the forest fires in the Western US. I don't know how long this link will take you to McClain's story, so if it only takes you to the online newspaper, do a quick search either for "McClain Duffert" or "Gash Creek Fire."

I couldn't be more proud. I really couldn't. I've been trying to think of a way or day that I could be more proud, but honestly, none come to mind. He'll get married some day, yes, he'll have babies eventually, true.

But for now, this moment--here is my brother, a hero.

God is so good.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs! I am proud too and can't send this to enough people. Way to get the word out. lovemom

Anonymous said...

The love and faith you have in your brother is amazing. The very words you write about him are enough to replenish his soul and will give him the courage to move forward. He knows you are so proud of his inner strength. Fire is scarey but to face it head on in an unknown area is above and beyond what some of us would ever do. you are a good sis..mom#2

Anonymous said...

OH WOW!! I am SOOO proud of McClain!!! I actually heard it first from karen maijala, so tell your mom not to worry, we're spreading the word! :)

xoxo
heather

Anonymous said...

Wow...he's a grown-up. When did THAT happen??

kristi noser said...

Dang, Mickey D you're HOT! Oh, wait, that's a fire. Nevermind.

erin said...

WOW! Look at all these people! Hi, Heather! I miss you! Mom #2, are you my special person??
Thanks, guys, for your support.

Carla said...

Hi Erin,
I am very proud of your brother too!!
Wish I had a bro of mine own.

Anonymous said...

Erin...it takes a hero to recognize another one. You're a good daughter, sister and wife.

Love,
Dad

Carla said...

Why am I sitting here in tears after reading your Daddys' comment? Cause I wish I had a Dad of mine own too.

Anonymous said...

I keep sharing the picture with everyone I know. "See my nephew! Isn't that cool?"