Sunday, August 27, 2006

Writers, writers everywhere...

So, NAOMI started her own blog! It RULES. Everybody's gotta check it out.
It's at http://dialogueofawallflower.blogspot.com.
She's got several good ones up already. I swear you won't regret it. As soon as I can figure out how to add her as a link, I will. So watch for that. She's a talented writer! I'm so proud--and sad that I didn't know until now!

In other news, I'm joining a writer's group.
Yep. I'm pretty nervous about it. I haven't written anything other than this blog since I graduated from college.
BUT. 3 Years ago, Jenna and I joked about how fun it would be to write a Christian romance novel. I've always thought that writing a romance novel in general would be a fun challenge(though not all that challenging, to be honest). They tend to follow the same recipe every time. You know, boy meets girl. Boy woos girl. Boy and girl have great time together, fall in love. Girl finds out something secret about boy. Boy overcomes differences. Boy and girl wed. Or do it, depending on the target audience.
So...here's my rationale. If I can write the above recipe with any quality whatsoever, I think I could sell it. To a PUBLILSHER. Or maybe just my mom. I dunno.
Wish me luck. We're meeting tomorrow at 7.


I'm joining a group.
To start my first real novel--
this is really it!

(I hope.)

5 comments:

kristi noser said...

do what?

erin said...

Do what, what?

erin said...

Oh. Do IT. You know...IT.

erin said...

I appreciate your interest, but I'm not sure if I'll be posting any of the book online. It's not going to be very good.

Naomi said...

Erin, thanks! You are a fabulous writer yourself. Seriously, I am hooked on your stuff. I checked your blog about 8 times a day for the past 4 days waiting for more. That's GREAT that you are going to join the writers club and hopefully write a book! I would buy a copy in a heartbeat!