Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Haiku--Touching Every Corner of the Globe

[Clutching clasped hands to chest]
I am proud and honored to know that I have been able to touch so many lives...
[Looking down, humbly]
I have been truly blessed with a great talent. I am hugely talented.
And clearly I have inspired many, who in turn encourage others to pursue greatness through the art of the Haiku.
[Lifting hands and looking East--toward Wausau, Wisconsin]
Thank you, Dad. Thank. You.
As you can see below, my love of Haiku has touched more people than I ever imagined possible.
[Lowering hands to sides, and standing tall, triumphant as I begin to read aloud...]

Dear Boss,
Seriously, you oughta think about haiku. A cadence of 5, 7 & 5 syllables and a passing reference to something in nature. I think you're a diamond in the rough. I see poetry readings at the local bookstore with your minions lined up for an autograph on the flyleaf of your new book, Haiku for the New Millenium--It's Not Just for Feudal Japanese Anymore (which you will freely donate, of course) as a cost savings measure for the remainder of the year.
ry,
cmd




I am brilliant as
the shining sun or fair moon.
I just can't help it.

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

"Hey! Everyone! Look at Erin's head!!" "Wowwww."

Anonymous said...

...she's gonna need new hats.

NoOtherName said...

Oh Haiku Highness, I have a question: cannot a haiku have a 7-12-7 structure? I'm almost certain that's what I was taught in 4th grade. But then again, that was 22 years ago, so maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm not, otherwise my Haiku for Foamy Soap is a complete fraud!