Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Heeeere's Your Blog

You know the Jeff Foxworthy thing, "Heeere's Your Sign"? Some days I hear a little voice in my head saying, "Heeere's Your Blog!"
This morning, I was in the ladies' room, which, between the hours of 7-9am is a very busy place here at work.
I was checking my teeth and hair in the mirror when one of my favorite co-workers walked in. I've always suspected she was a wild woman and what I heard today confirmed it. She's about 50-55 and always appears to be very put together.
She came into the bathroom and greeted me and then a friend of hers from another department.
They started to talk while I primped and listened. The beginning of their conversation was fuzzy to me, but it must have started with something like, "I'm so tired today! I have to make sure I look ok--matching shoes, check. Matching shirt and pants, check. Shirt buttoned, check."
It went on like this for a few moments.
Then, my co-worker said, "Last week I tucked my skirt into my pantyhose. It was so embarassing."
Her friend said, "Oh, that happens to everyone! Don't worry about it!"
She said, "I know...but I wasn't wearing any underwear."
That's when all sound stopped--like when someone drags the needle across the record. Complete silence.
Heeere's your blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More like, "Heeeere's your underwear."

Anonymous said...

...and by the way, Erin, it's Bill Engvall's bit, not Foxworthy's. Just thought you should know. :D

kristi noser said...

EEEEWWWW's your Bolg

kristi noser said...

Or BLOG maybe...