Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sleep Schedules

On Sunday night, I laid awake most of the night. I'm still not sure why, but I think it's mostly because I got all wound up working on my story and then couldn't relax.
There's nothing worse than not being able to sleep--it didn't used to be very unusual for me to lay awake for hours at a time and I got used to it after a while. I don't know if it's because I got married or because I am getting older, but now it is very rare for me to lay awake more than oh...two minutes after my head hits the pillow, so I had FORGOTTEN how much it sucks to stare at the ceiling until 4 in the morning.
I did everything--I thrashed, I tossed and turned, I sighed and snorted, I elbowed and kicked. I did anything I could think of to "accidentally" wake Richard up. All I wanted was to TELL someone I couldn't sleep. Even the dog and cat didn't move when I finally got up to watch info-mercials. I flipped back and forth between Bowflex and that little silver blender one--you know the one where they make omelets and drinks and muffins and pesto/garlic sauce in one little blender? I didn't buy anything, though I wanted to. Think how FIT I could be if I had the Bowflex in our basement and the handy-dandy blender to make all kinds of healthy foods upstairs!!! I decided it probably wasn't a very wise use of our money.
As a result of my night o' insomnia, I haven't recovered all week. I've been a freaking walking zombie and just can't seem to get back on track. I can't WAIT to go on the marriage retreat to spend some much needed one-on-one time with my honey and R.E.L.A.X.
Also, I was asked to join the synchronized swimming. Thank goodness I got a new bathing suit!
The conversation went like this:
Kristen: Hey, do you want to join us for synchronized swimming?
Erin [unabashed glee]: Um, YES.

I'll keep you posted.

This haiku series is dedicated to both infomercials and the marriage retreat. Enjoy.


Don't need no Bowflex.
Don't need no crazy* blender.
Just my man and me!

The Marriage Retreat

is finally here. Dive in!
It's synch or swim time!


*The word AWESOME could be substituted here.

Yes. That was a good one.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

I must compliment you on your haiku-- very creative!! Kudos! I am very sorry about the sleep issue, I know how that goes.

Naomi said...

I am intrigued about this synchronized swimming...
Is this at the marriage retreat? Or was she asking you to join a team locally?

kristi noser said...

Which begs the question, if one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all have to?
Can't wait to spend some time with you two this weekend!