Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sapped

I had a really funny blog prepared in my head for today, but then I got to work and had two messages* waiting for me about how I screwed up (everything. in. my. entire. life.), which, combined with my evening last night has sapped my energy and humpr.
(Upon final re-reading: I'm choosing to leave that typo just where it is, because it's helping bring back my humor just a little. LOL--Bring back the humpr!)
It was a blog about my favorite radio station and that they are having their annual fundraising event. There are no commercials, which I really enjoy, so they have to fund their costs with pledges and public support. I was even going to go into a long tangent on how PBS raises money and we used to wach Anne of Green Gables every year and cry and cry because we knew Matthew was going to die--and he always dies. But, the long and short of the blog is that I could never be a host for one of these events.
Host A said, "Are you ready for another full-day pledge?? Can you handle it?!?"
Host B said, "Absolutely! I can take it! Yeah!"
I would have said, "No thanks, I'm full."
or
Host A said, "It's time to celebrate! We've reached our hourly goal!"
Host B said, "Hooray! I'm so excited!" (Or something like that.)
I would have said, "Cool. Can we head to the bar now?"

See? I wouldn't be very good at it.
So, that's what I was going to blog about today, but now I don't feel like it.
I'm going to go back to hiding in my cube.

Hiding in my cube,
just can't do anything right.
Something's gotta give.


*Just got a note from the person who was upset with me--everything worked out ok, but I'm not changing the blog because I think it's sort of funny.

No comments: