Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thoughts on Mowing the Lawn

I don't think I have had the occasion to mow the lawn since I was about 15 years old. It was an enjoyable experience overall, and I had a lot of time to think.
Here are my thoughts:
Mowing after a long bike ride may not have been the most well thought out plan.
Self-propelling lawn mowers are an inspiration from God.
I don't remember mowing the lawn being such a dirty job.
Mowing the lawn is a lot more fun when somebody offers to pay you.
The time to think will inspire millions of blog and status update ideas, but the physical exertion will shove them right out of your head.
I am glad my husband does most of the dirty yardwork!

4 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Cute post. :)

erin said...

Thanks, KJ. I'm really reaching lately.

Katie R. said...

It's WAY more fun on a riding lawnmover!

Aaliyah Aldaco said...

Heheh, indeed! Mowing the lawn can be pretty tiring, so it's great to have something (or someone!) to do most of the heavy work. Of course it's fun to participate and help out, and a healthy, well-trimmed lawn is a great sight to see on a good day.