Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An Urban Experiment - Topsy Turvy

OK, so it's already been established that I have a thing for infomercials.
So...in the hope of all things "too good to be true," I purchased a Topsy Turvy tomato planter. (Actually, it was a gift from Lauren. Tomato, tomahto.)
I am love the idea of growing my own tomatoes without the trouble of tilling a garden.
Here's what we've got after one week of growth:

It may not look like much, but already, the plant has doubled in size and is reaching toward the sun instead of the ground. I'm pretty excited. Updates to follow!

p.s. Miracle Grow for tomatoes makes your begonias go crazy!

3 comments:

angie said...

oooh, exciting! a garden in the air. :) i can't wait to hear how it works! seems like all things are in order for a bountiful harvest.

Jolene said...

i want regular updates please! good luck with your 'matos!!

Jenna said...

oh oh oh! How exciting! Do you think those work on the inside of apartment windows?? My dream is the topsy-turvy strawberry grower! I vote for a garden in the sky at the Desvousges'!