Monday, February 26, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way to Walmart

Over lunch today I had to run some errands, one of which consisted of returning some things at Wal-Mart. While I was waiting at the intersection to turn in to the parking lot, the woman in front of me flipped me off.
I quickly assessed the situation.
I was sitting there minding my own business, talking to Richard on the phone. I couldn't figure out what I could have done to offend the woman. So I honked at her.
Imagine my surprise then, when I came face to face with her at Walmart.
I said, "Why did you flip me off? That was really rude?"
She said, "Oh, that wasn't meant for you."
I said, "Well, that makes it ok."

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Sweet! Not every day when you get to ask someone why they were so rude.
I wonder who it was meant for?

The guy talking on the radio.
Her mom forgot her birthday.
Her husband for any number of reasons.
The person behind you had a red car, and she hates the color red.

Possibilities are endless

Anonymous said...

Her panties were riding up.
She is lactose intolerant and had cheese for lunch.
Her boss pinched her rump.

See? The possibilities ARE endless!

P.S. Bravo to you for confronting.

Naomi said...

I agree. Bravo for confrontation. People these days need to be confronted about their careless actions and put in line. I bet she thinks twice next time she wants to flip someone off!

erin said...

I don't know, Naomi. I doubt it. She didn't seem to think it was strange that I was even talking to her.