Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Movie Buffet

Last night I went to see The Queen with Mom and her friend, Janet, which I would highly recommend. Despite the fact that some of the actors go in and out of their British / American accents, the three of us thought it was a great movie.
After the movie we went to the bathroom (as all girls do), and Janet said, "Ooh...Dream Girls is playing next door! I really want to see that!"
Mom and I said things like, "Me, too! It looks really good."
Janet said, "No, I mean I really want to see that. Let's go."
Mom and I looked at eachother. "You mean, sneak in?"
"Yeah! We do it all the time! It's called a movie buffet."
I interjected, "Ok. I have to say that getting kicked out of a movie theater on a Monday night with my mom and her best friend is probably my worst nightmare."
"Oh, Erin. Come on," they BOTH said.
"Follow my lead," Janet said.
So, I followed them both into the COMPLETELY EMPTY movie theater with my face burning and stomach flipping. I guess I don't know what I expected--some pimply-faced 16-year-old to come after us with his broom and dust pan, shouting? Maybe.
I ended up sitting between Mom and Janet for the movie, and they both told me to relax repeatedly. How embarassing.
Of course, no one even noticed we were in there, despite the fact that the theater remained empty (apparently it didn't register for the employees that no tickets had been sold for the movie even though there were three people in it), and we snuck out afterward unscathed.
As we left, I'm pretty sure I heard Janet say, "Boy, I'm glad we woke up...now we can go home!" But I was too scared to ask.
By the way, the movie was LOUSY, so I guess I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I probably would have asked for my money back anyway!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

You rebel! I have only attempted to partake in a movie buffet. I believe Jared introduced me to the idea in the first months of dating. We were fully planning on sneaking right into the next movie, but we poorly chose a theater that had about 3 screens, on a Thursday night, and about 20 employees. As you can imagine, all eyes were on us as we exited our movie and watched every step right out the door. No luck in stealing that night...

Anonymous said...

My friend Jane and I walked out on "Epic Movie" in the first 10 minutes and went to "Dreamgirls" instead. Your uncle Jeff was mortified. He and Ron stayed through the whole awful thing.

Technically we only saw one complete movie so that's not a buffet, but it made me think of you!

Love, Aunt Kris