Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ain't that always the way?

Before bed last night, Rich and I prayed over something that, at the time, didn't seem like a very big deal.
As soon as our prayer was finished, however, we got into one of the dumbest fights I think we've ever had in our marriage.
Now that I'm fully awake and thinking about it, I think the guidance we were asking God for was probably more threatening to the enemy than I originally thought. Hence, the stupid fight. Seems like every time we go to God with something, Satan tries even harder to come between us, using anything he can get his hands on, that might be a weakness in our relationship. Sneaky, sneaky.
The weirdest part? Neither of us would back down, though we both agreed it was not really worth fighting about.
The worst part? I'm still a little miffed, despite the fact that I've figured all these things out!

1 comment:

Katie R. said...

I notice Matthew and I tend to disagree/FIGHT right after or right before we go to church or go out to eat just the two of us. I always sort of wondered if it wasn't Satan trying to wedge us apart because we CAN be a really good team. I'm not saying I have no blame, just noticing I guess. Interesting post.