Friday, June 15, 2007

Late Laugher

Those of you who have ever been to a movie probably already know this about me because I probably embarassed you with it.
I, blogfriends, am a late-laugher.
This mortified my husband when we first started dating. He took me to see Jacka$$ on one of our first dates (a savory and oh-so-romantic way to spend our first hours together, I know), and through the entire movie, I laughed 10 to 30 seconds after everyone else. He was so embarassed that I remember him patting my arm nervously as if to say, "Shhh..."
I can't explain it. For some reason I like to think about a stunt, punchline, or facial expression before I laugh about it. It's like I'm unconsciously deciding if I am going to laugh or not.
I did this in a group setting recently. Someone said something funny, everyone laughed...and then I laughed. The whole group turned to look at me to see what was so hilarious. I think they still probably don't know that I was laughing at the same thing they had already forgotten about.
Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never laugh late with me, so either I'm just THAT funny, or you're faking it...

Fess up, sistuh!