Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Birthday, Richard!

My man is getting old! He turns a whopping 28 today...do you know how close that is to 30?
Last night as we laid down to go to bed, I realized that I would miss much of Richard's birthday because of a customer function tonight at work. When I told him so, he said, "Ugh. This is just like Cats in the Cradle."

You know that sound when the needle drags across a record and everything goes silent? That's what I heard at that moment.

"What?" I said.
He said, "You know...you're like the dad in the song always working late and missing the kid's birthday."
Now, call me crazy, but I don't remember that being a part of the song...I guess I could be wrong.

Anyway,
Happy Birthday, Richard!
I love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a verse in the extended version. The extended version was too long for the radio and they decided to cut out the birthday verse so fathers wouldnt feel too bad.

Love you
-Rich

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It reminds me of stuff. Once I realized it was Rich's birthday, i realized that yesterday was Lori's. It's one thing to forget your Aunt's birthday..but what if shes your BOSS too?

Anonymous said...

It's there:

"My son turned ten just the other day. He said, 'Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play.Can you teach me to throw?', I said Not today I got a lot to do, he said, 'That's ok.'"

kristi noser said...

Happy birthday Richard! Just wait til the weekend and maybe Erin can throw the ball for you, or let you have the keys to the car. There's always the weekend, right?

idnak said...

Happy Birthday, Richard! Soon, you will be old enough that you won't rememeber if Erin came home or not.

Mandi said...

Hey look, I have a Blog now too :)