Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Confession

Every once in a while I come across a blog entirely devoted to chocolate, or I see a comment about chocolate, or someone implies that chocolate will make everything all better.
I admit, friends and brethren, that I do not share the sentiment. If ever confronted with the choice between anything chocolate or something salty, every time I'm gonna go for the salt snack. Truth be told, even sardines make my mouth water more than a bag of M&M's or a chunk of chocolate. Olives? Yep. Pickles? Capers? Honestly. Just about anything salty interests me.
Now, while I have blogged my fair share about DOVE Promises, I find it necessary to point out that I really only blog about the Promises. The only time I lauded the glories of that cocoa plant, I admit, friends and brethren, I might have been exaggerating a little bit about my love of Caramel Doves. Plus, it was the caramel I loved, not the chocolate.
So sue me.
I know it has its benefits and good traits, but I guess I just don't groove that way.
I can't be the only one...am I the only one?

In reviewing my old posts about Dove Promises, I was reminded of a simpler time--a time that we made them up. Let's make up some more!
These are things I'd like to see in my dove. Or better yet! On the side of a dill pickle!!
- Did you remember to take your vitamins?
- Nice to see you again.
- Recycling is so uncool.
- Published? I heard whisperings of movie-rights.
- You did the right thing not going to graduate school.
- Your dog is quietly eating a bone in your backyard right now.
- Your career is about to take off. Really.

6 comments:

kristi noser said...

--flossing is so worth it
--old computers make great anchors
--knives can hurt if used properly
--people in strange moods should not comment on blogs

Mandi said...

It's okay to have so many shoes.
Gladys has bugged your house.

That's all I got. Hey, what about those Taco Bell sauce packets? Those have sayings on them now too...

I crave salty things, not chocolate. Chocolate hurts my teeth really bad.

Kim N. said...

I agree with you. I would go for a green olive before a piece of chocolate. I wonder if they could put messages in the olive rather than that little red thing!

I'll get back to you on some fun saying. My brain is on slow today.

Brandy Dopkins said...

See, there are so many of us Salty Dogs, yet we seem like aliens when someone is passing around a sweet and we say - "no thank you". People stop and say, "what? don't you like chocolate double peanut chunky cherry cake? What is wrong with you?"

augh. no.

Kristin said...

And I would respond to the cake offer with, "No thank you, but do you have some more cheesy potatoes?" For me it's salt and carbs. The only candy that really excites me is peanut M&M's, but they do have a salt element to them.

Olive stuffers:
The neighbors who don't put out trash are as weird as you think they are.

If the skirt is wider than it is long it's too short for you to wear in public.

No, he won't become any less attached to his mother or his video games after you marry him.

Never pay full price for anything at Lane Bryant.

kristi noser said...

Oh, I would rather have cheesy potatoes than cake any day!