Monday, October 16, 2006

Blog Harassment Dipped in Chocolate--and at only $5 a bag!

I'm getting Blog Harassed.
I'm SORRY it's been over a week. I've been busy.

So here's what I've got for you today. I keep a secret stash of Dove DARK chocolate in my desk drawer. (If I leave it out, the vulchers I call my co-workers eat it ALL.)
My Dove Promise for today was this, "Collect 10 different kinds of tree leaves." Can I get a resounding "GAY."? Or if you're more inclined, "LAME."
I HATE Dove Promises. I have a friend whose mom actually wrote to Dove Chocolate to tell them how stupid their "promises" are. For those of you who don't know, a Dove Promise is a little...fortune...on the inside of the foil your ridiculously expensive chocolate came wrapped in.
I'm thinking of boycotting Dove because of these stupid phrases. They don't make me feel good, they make me irritable. YOU go collect 10 different kinds of tree leaves, you weird Dove-hippies. I'd be thrilled to have enough time to file my nails and remove the makeup smudges from under my eyes BEFORE two meetings in the morning, let alone go leaf collecting.
Yessiree. That's it. I'm through with Dove.
Just as soon as I'm done with this bag.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

But they taste sooooo good. They are so much better than your average chocolate..... Just eat the chocolate without reading the gay fortune, and you will be fine. Instead of concentrating on how stupid your "fortune" is, think about how yummy your choclate is, and then you will begin to think happy thoughts once again.

Please, Erin, oh please--
Don't give up on the Dove yet
It just tastes too good.....

Carla said...

A couple of years ago,I found out I was with child and had a Dove. The promise said
Celebrate the little child in you. I kinda liked that.

erin said...

Oh, for heaven's sake.

kristi noser said...

Erin, go home and write this ten times:
VULTURE
Love, your spell checker.

I'll bring you a bag on Thursday so we can laugh at the sayings together.

erin said...

Oh my gosh! What's happening to me?? This is so embarrassing! I used to be such a good speller!

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts on Dove Promises remind me of the email your sister sent the other day about the 'healthy living' messages on Kotex adhesive strips. Maybe you ladies are just not impressed with the efforts of those who want to cheer you.

I will no longer send either of you wistful or healthy messages, seeing how you both have this problem.

I still love you, oh wait, is that too much?

Your guardedly reserved Aunt Kris

Anonymous said...

I found you when I googled "dove chocolate stupid."

Funny post!

Anonymous said...

I also love the Dove. The "promises" always make me feel good about myself, too, but mostly because I think, "I am so obviously not the target audience for these sayings."

C'mon over, I'm doing a contest to identify the real and phony Dove sayings. Winner gets a Luna bar.

I looove the thought that sanitary products are also telling fortunes. "In a month's time you will receive a another visitor..."

Unknown said...

I too found this through Google and 'Dove chocolate stupid'.

I'd much prefer nonsensical phrases to these pick me ups. They don't offend, exactly, but I do laugh at them being lame.

It'd be much better to read like... "Everyone's got something to hide but me and my monkey." I'd consider it very groovy to read that inside a chocolate wrapper instead of ... "your presence is often the best present" *barrrf*

Anonymous said...

they are to brighten up your day.

so wow you cranky!!!!!!