Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Brokedown Appliances

This morning, my coffee pot (appliance #1) died. It must be getting hot enough to brew, but then by the time it hits the cold pot, I have cold coffee. Apparently the burner has burned out--or perhaps has actually started COOLING the coffee. Yes.
I intend to put up plastic over our windows (due to the extreme lack of insulation in our home), but my blow dryer (app #2) doesn't get hot enough to make the plastic tight over the windows.
And finally, my curling iron / straightener is a cool gadget (app #3). I just got it the other day, and immediately dropped it on the floor. The lock that holds the straightener closed so that I can use it as a curling iron broke, and now only keeps the straightener closed part of the time so that it keeps POPPING open and smacking me in the head. So far, because of this, I have only burned my ear once. It's getting exchanged tonight.
I tried to order the perfect coffee maker from walmart.com, but they can't garauntee that it will be here before November 6. I guess I'll just have to go actually pick one out. Either that or drink cold coffee...
Ugh.
Despite all these disasters, I'm in a pretty good mood! I got to go to an impromptu birthday party last night and have some much needed laughs.

Give me my coffee,
Need a hotter blow dryer,
Just don't burn my head!

Weak. Can anybody give me a better haiku? I'm a little rusty.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

I am glad you have managed to keep up a good mood despite the appliance rebellion going on at your house! The curling iron/straightener sounds fabulous! I might need to get one of those!

Anonymous said...

Exchanging your ear or the appliance? Maybe you should go on price is right and win a full display of appliances! Coffee is a drug. Beauty is painful. Keep these in mind and you will be fine!

erin said...

A new haiku:
Coffee is a drug
Keep this in mind, you'll be fine;
Beauty is painful.
Thanks, Anonymous!