Thursday, October 05, 2006

Little Old Blue-Haired Ladies

It's official. I'm an old lady. Instead of washing my hair this morning, I just curled and teased it, and I think it looks pretty good. Strange thing, though--I think it's starting to turn blue.
Weird.
Speaking of little old blue-haired ladies, I forgot to tell you about Richard and my stumble at the Dome on Tuesday. After the game we had to make our way down from the ceiling (my ears popped on the way down, I swear), and we were about 5 rows down when I thought, "Wow...this is really slippery. I'd better hold on tight, I don't want to fall."
No sooner had the thought crossed my mind when Richard fell down behind me taking my feet out from under me. We must have looked like dominos. The coke Richard was holding went EVERYWHERE and finally landed in one of the seats, which is where we left it. Rich caught himself with his hands, but I was not so lucky. I caught myself with the backs of my forearms which immediately began to swell. I sat there for a second, covered in coke, and assessed my injuries, which were not bad, luckily. Richard started apologizing immediately--I think to everyone around us, and tried to help me up. The whole ordeal couldn't have lasted longer than 30 seconds, which was long enough for a little blue-haired lady to pass us and say, "Are you ok?"
The irony was not lost on me.

Little old lady,
You look cute in your jersey.
Thank you for asking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, First you will never have blue hair because red and blue make green.
Second remind me to always follow you and Richard when we take the stairs. And promise me you will not drop any future grandchildren at the dome. But you can play dress-up like mommy on a ball game day. Mom2

kristi noser said...

Y'know they sell those ice gripper things for old people, maybe you'll get some for Christmas.

Now just because I said this, I'll be falling really soon!