Monday, October 09, 2006

Rough Seas

I'm having trouble keeping the lid screwed on today. Every time I start to feel like I have a handle on what I'm doing at work, or get the house under control, or get the spending down, I start to drown again.
God has a sense of humor, though. I've been thinking this thought, specifically that "I start to drown," for about a week now. This morning, one of my co-workers likened my current confusion to a title wave. She said, "If you can just get past the crest of this title wave of knowledge, you'll be out to sea and sailing peacefully in no time." Of course, she had no idea that I felt like I was drowning.
She was trying to encourage me, which was nice, I guess I'd just like to know how long this title wave will last...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Title waves last until you come up with a good title. Tidal waves are an ocean current thing. You won't drown! Remember God is the master of the seas! He can quiet any storm or tidal wave and give you peace. lovemom

kristi noser said...

I think you successfully made it through a title wave just last month, didn't you? Oh, wait that was the lead character's name. Sorry.

kristi noser said...

Not to make light of your present circumstances or anything...

erin said...

Ugh. I'm so misunderstood.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that we have the biggest and best Life Preserver to help us out in situations like these? Hang on to The One who can lift us up when the waves get too high. And keep paddling!