Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Strange Things Happen in Bars

It's true.
The other night we went to a birthday party / Hand Fest '06 for the boyfriend of a good friend of mine from college. The party was the celebration of Matt's 25th birthday, and the 3rd anniversary of the day he sliced his hand open. It was a typical birthday party--games, ice cream cake (with a frosting-drawn cut-off hand), and a few beers.
After a couple of hours, we decided to head to a favorite bar in St. Paul called the Muddy Pig. We took over two tables at the back of the bar and laughed and talked.
We'd been sitting there for about a half hour when my foot touched something soft on the floor. Thinking I had dropped my scarf, I felt around and picked up what was down there.
It was not a scarf.
It was a red, leopard-print thong.
Of course, horror overtook our table, and then hilarity. Being that we had had a few drinks, the germ factor was not at the front of all of our minds, but I'd like to go on record to say that I only held it long enough to determine that it was from Fredericks of Hollywood, and was a Large.
Joe, the guy sitting next to me, grabbed it out of my hand and flung it across the room. It hit some girl in the left breast and landed in her lap.
This, of course, brought about more hilarity, because, of course, she flipped, but had no idea where it had come from (can I get any more commas in that sentence?,,,). I'm thinking she had had more than a few because it wouldn't have taken much to figure out who had flung it, considering the fact that we were practically rolling on the floor with laughter.
Somehow, a few minutes later, the undies ended up on the floor again in front of Joe, who picked them up and put them around his neck.
It was at this point that we discovered that it was a red, leopard-print MEN'S thong.


You can't make this shit up.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Oh my goodness. Is this bar still a favorite? Cuz I don't think I'd be going there anymore.
Don't the words "men's thong" just make you shudder? Who would want to re-live the high school wedgie days?

Timotheos said...

Have you tried the cuban sandwich? It is really, really good. I really like the pig too. I usually go there about once a year for a late night bite with a friend. We have made a tradition out of it. But, I think I will stay in the bar area from now on.

erin said...

LOL--thanks for sharing, Tim. It's a fun place--especiall now that there's no smoking.
And yeah, the Cuban Sandwich is to die for. : )

erin said...

especiall-y