Wednesday, October 25, 2006

God's Green Earth: Appliances Fight Back

I literally dragged Richard all over God's Green Earth last night looking for the PERFECT coffee maker. I could have picked one out for myself, but I was having trouble because I only wanted to spend about $20, but I'm tired of $20 coffee pots, you know? I was about to just pick the $50 pot when he said, "What about this one? It'd be perfect for us--it only makes 4 cups."

That's when it all came rushing back to me.

I already had one of those little 4-cuppers. It was at home, in the bottom cupboard, behind the crock pot. I had completely forgotten that Chris and Katie Sandquist gave it to us when we got married. I used it about 10 times and put it away when mom gave us her old one (which figures, since it was on the fritz--thanks, mom).
I told Richard all of this, and he very graciously said that it was ok that I dragged him from Roseville to Woodbury and back, and could we just go eat now.
I felt a little foolish.
The coffee was great this morning, though!

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

I was going to offer one of the SIX John has hiding all over the house "just in case we need it", but seems like you have your own stash.

Anonymous said...

I gave it to you because it dripped when you poured. Not because it didn't work. You wanted one with a timer and you pulled it out of a box going to the goodwill. lovemom

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when your Mom corrects you?

Anonymous said...

I correct her to make her a better person. Not to mention that I don't want her making me look like I gave it as a gift. I try to fill their car with stuff every time they visit. I don't promise it all works. There is a box in storage with E's name on it, inside an alarm goes off every day at 10:15 a.m. That one is going home with her next.