Thursday, October 26, 2006

Happy HOWL-oween!

So, Pedro's dog training class is having their annual
"HOWL-oween Costume Contest and Training Party."
Of course, I'm going to dress him as Napoleon Dynamite in a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt. I honestly think we might win. Maybe I have a sick sense of humor (hence naming the dog Pedro in the first place), but I think it's the funniest thing I've thought of in a long time. Not that it's really a creative stretch, but come on.
I don't care who you are--that's funny. ( :
My excitement was tarnished briefly at Wal-Mart yesterday when I approached someone stocking the children's clothing and asked, "Can you show me where the tiniest white t-shirts are that you sell?"
She saw the iron-on letters in my hand and said, "Are you making a costume for your baby?!?"
And I had to say, "No...it's for my dog."
I felt a little foolish, especially when it became clear that she didn't want to help once she realized that this was a canine costume, but won't she feel like an arse when I bring home the grand prize!
I hope it's money.

p.s. Anyone who knows what a "Training Party" is, let me know. I thought the words were mutually exclusive.

4 comments:

Carla said...

I will definately vote for Pedro! I think the costume is hilarious! Your mom goes to college.

erin said...

LOL--She actually does!

Naomi said...

Jared and I both got a good laugh out of that one. Good one Erin! That IS funny. That's hilarious! People will just HAVE to vote for him when they see him in his adorable little shirt dressed up as, well...Pedro!

Anonymous said...

A training party is where you learn to wait your turn to pee in the corner and you listen politely before you bark.