Monday, November 20, 2006

An Actually Happy Birthday

So the 25th Birthday turned out pretty well--even though I am very, very old now.
A whopping EIGHTEEN people turned out for my birthday party at Buca di Beppo, where laughter prevailed, food was bountiful and drinks were plentiful...very plentiful in my case. It was a GREAT party. They put is in the back, which was wise because we were very loud.
The highlight of the night for me was when the group (including a large group of high school students seated near us) decided to sing me "happy birthday." For some reason, we had to wait momentarily to start singing, so I suggested a round (or two) of "Frere Jaques," which everyone sang heartily, much to my pleasure. I believe there were actually 4 rounds started. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.
Why? Not because I love the song, but the sheer hilarity of the situation tickles me still. Imagine it. 30 people (some a little more lubricated than others) singing "Frere Jaques" at the top of their lungs--in ROUNDS. Could a girl ask for more?
I think not.
I also got the most BEAUTIFUL gifts. All my friends and family are so generous! I made a killing on the Jewelry and Candle front, though, including a BUNCH of handmade jewelry from Naomi, and a candleabra (?) from the Plumms.
Richard gave me the most beautiful pearl necklace that he bought from the Little Mermaid herself. He had to sell her his voice for it, but it was SO. WORTH. IT.
So, thanks, everyone for making my birthday such a success, and thank you especially, blog friends, for your warm wishes when I wasn't feeling very happy on Friday. : )

It wasn't that bad,
try not to think about it--
thirty will be worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thirty is awesome,
Forty is so much better-
Can't wait for fifty!

Anonymous said...

A loving mute husband, who could ask for anything more?
Hachachacha.