Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Going Nowhere Fast...

Thanks to Miss Confident Independence, now I can tell you all about my Spinning class last night.

I had a great time. I got there early to choose a bike at the back near the door (I wasn't sure whether to expect another "beginner yoga" experience and wanted to be close to an exit, should I happen to need one), and ended up sitting right under the fan, so I managed to stay cool through the class, which was a huge plus.
I wasn't able to keep up with the class, but I really enjoyed myself, had a great work out, and am sore in all the right places today (i.e. all the places I'd like to slim down). I fully intend to go back after the quilting retreat. The only bummer about the class was that the seats on the bikes aren't very padded. I'm going to have to get some of those padded bike shorts if I'm going to keep this up.

The best part of spinning:
When we're doing a sprint (pedaling as fast as we can) and the instructor says, "You're flying! Your legs are flying! You! Are! Flying!

The worst part of spinning:
My ass hurts so bad I can hardly stand it.

4 comments:

erin said...

I should have said "I can BAREly stand it.

Naomi said...

I love spinning! Well, it is more of a love/hate thing. It is soooo hard and while you are doing it, you think that you might not be able to finish. But afterwards you feel so good and know that you just got a REALLY GOOD WORKOUT and that it will definatly pay off. Funny thing, I used to always peddle away on my bike and think about Lance Armstrong riding in the Tour, and most of the time concluding that it just wouldn't be worth it to me to endure that much pain just to say I've won the Tour 7 times. Keep up the good work. Can you ever bring guests in? I would totally go spinning with you if you can...

Naomi said...

P.S. I know EXACTLY how your butt feels right now, (that sounded really bad) but it will stop hurting in a few days...

kristi noser said...

I saw a lady after a spinning class at the Y once and she said her crotch would never be the same.

Having children will be a piece of cake now, no?