Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blood Pressure

Last Friday my Division announced that we are merging with another department. 50 out of 200 jobs will be cut. I don't dare write much, just know that things are quite tense around the office, and rumors are just a-flyin'. I am privy to a lot of the goings-on behind closed doors, and to say the least, it's stressing me out. Not to mention, I'm really not sure that my job is all that secure.
I had a routine doctor's appointment (a different blog topic altogether, believe me) today, and the nurse said, "Your blood pressure is a little high."
Ya THINK?
The deadline for the merger is December 1, so at least the pain be over quick--like ripping off a bandaid.
I mean, a 3M Nexcare Wound Bandage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the Dr. one time and they told me that the BP was a little high. The Dr. asked me if I had driven there from work, and when I said yes, he said that driving on the freeway could be the cause. I knew I was in trouble cuz I had driven there from downtown Hudson--about a mile.

Anonymous said...

Are we really stressed or has stress become normal. If we aren't stressed are we bored? Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? Is this reality or is this life just a movie playing in our heads? Your blog is really exestential (sp?).

Naomi said...

I prefer existential blogs to those who ramble on about abstract ponderings. Your stories are entertaining and feed the need to have a peek into someone else's life. It is a need after all...at least for women ;)

erin said...

LOL--it's all about voyeurism, my dear friend.
Wow. I didn't think I'd EVER care to talk about existentialism or voyeurism EVER AGAIN.