Monday, November 13, 2006

Quilting Lessons Learned

The quilting retreat was wonderful. This one was the more like a slumber party than any of the others I have been to. Kristen, Ruthie, Sarah, Naomi, and I stayed in the old camp director's house and had a blast. We even did each other's hair! I came home feeling very refreshed and thankful for the wonderful women God has put in my life. Kandi and Naomi were newbees this year and both finished GORGEOUS quilts! You'll have to check their blogs for photos, which means Kandi will have to START. A. BLOG.
I always learn a lot at the retreats. There are so many seasoned quilters there every year that it's impossible NOT to learn something.
This year, the top things I learned were:
1. How to make a purse out of an old pair of jeans. I can't in good conscience recommend lining said purses.
2. Mean people suck (though I'm still waiting for a little more clarification on this one from Kristi and Kandi).
3. White quilts are not necessarily for babies, and should, in fact, be kept far, far away from a nurshing child.

Here are some fun photos from the weekend.
This is the log cabin I've been working on for about a year now. I quilted it myself! This is the one Ruthie threw up all over. I guess I'm glad she didn't have peas or carrots for lunch...I swear I almost had an aneurism.




















This is a quilt top that I finished. It is a wedding gift for a friend. I think it turned out really nice.




















We dressed up as cow girls for dinner on Saturday--the whole group did, not just the 3 of us. I think we should have won best dressed, alas, we were only adoreable losers. I think we look pretty cute. : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cowgirls and quilting. What a life. Your quilts are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

D'ya think maybe Kathaleena would like to come in the spring? Wouldn't THAT be funner?

erin said...

I keep asking...