Friday, March 09, 2007

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...

Something you may not know about me--I love Queen.
The band.
I keep a radio (that also plays my iPod) on my desk at work, which I turn up a little while I'm working and turn back down every time the phone rings or someone stops at my desk. All day long I turn the volume up and down, up and down. Don't get me wrong, the loudest I ever let it get is a low murmur, so it's hardly offensive if I leave my iPod on random at my desk and SnoopDogg or something else equally offensive comes on. If anyone sat within 20 feet of me, they might find this irritating, but since I'm alone in my own little corner, I can do just about whatever I want.
Imagine my joy today when "Fat Bottomed Girls," my all-time favorite Queen song came on the radio.
I snuck and turned it up just a little bit more.
Then my boss walked up. I reached to turn down the volume out of habit and then thought again. "No," I thought. "I won't turn this down just because Arnie is here. I shouldn't be ashamed of myself!" So I left it turned up.
Rock'n'Roll!

Queen, you're my fav'rite.
Don't care if you're gay or weird.
HIV's a bitch.

Poor Freddie died young,
but not before he left us
with shining gems as

"Bohemian Rhap',"
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
and "Fat Bottomed Girls."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be genetic. I LOVE QUEEN!
Good for you, adding good music to the workplace. That's what assistants do, enhance their bosses lives.

Great haiku. Don't think I've ever read better! Of course I might be biased, just a little.

Love, Aunt Kris

kristi noser said...

Erin, you make the rockin' world go 'round--and that's not a comment on your butt.

Jenna said...

Hey... remember discovering our love for each other, Eric, and Queen in the HHH lot? Who rocks the party!

erin said...

We rock the parth! In a Saturn! Bohemian Rhapsody will always hold a special place in my heart because of that night--along with "What's Your Fantasy" and "The Next Episode." Glad you are back, BFF.