Monday, March 26, 2007

A Mouse in the House

Have you ever seen a cat try to eat a mouse alive?
I have.
Last night, I heard a rustling in the kitchen and then a deep, menacing growl from the cat. By the time I got up to see what was going on, I saw his tail disappearing into the basement.
I found Kitty circling the basement, still growling with a mouse sticking out of his mouth. The especially horrifying part was that he had the mouse's entire body in his mouth with just a little gray head sticking out, looking at me as if to say, "I'm not having a good time."
Turns out, the cat didn't really want to eat the mouse, just keep it as a play thing, and maybe carry it around for a little while.
The mouse eventually got away and the rat poison is out (safely hidden from the pets, of course, though not the vermin). So, the cat spent the rest of the night looking for the lost mouse, and for all I know, he found it and it'll be waiting for me when I get home tonight in a pool of bile--hopefully on the kitchen or bathroom floor (if I'm lucky).


Today is my 150th post.

2 comments:

Kim N. said...

Actually...I have seen dogs swallow little bunnies alive. The little bunny was whining and I tried to take it from the dog. She didn't want to lose the bunny, so she swallowed it whole! No lie!

Carla said...

I usually just get the mouse left outside the bedroom door-minus the head and tail. Ewwwww.