Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pants on Fire

I am a liar.
Today I am wearing a sapphire ring that Lauren gave me for Christmas last year--she also gave my mom a matching one. It's humongous. Like, 2 carats humongous. And very pretty. She got it for$30 because she was flirting with the salesperson and they had an overstock of them so they were all on sale. I really like it and wish I would have had it for my "something blue" for my wedding.
Good story, right? No need to change it? Apparently the right side of my brain thought different.
When one of the people I support complimented me on my ring, I said, "Thank you! My sister gave it to me. She was dating a jeweler who gave it to her. When they broke up, she gave it to me because she didn't want to throw it away. I'm sure she'll want it back eventually, but I'm gonna wear it for now!"
What?! Why did that come out of my mouth? What is WRONG with me?


Liar, liar--your
pants are on fire. Can't you
control your tongue, Duff?

2 comments:

Katie R. said...

Wrong...but funny!! :) I've done that before too and then I sit there and think, WHO just said that and WHERE did that come from?

kristi noser said...

I can't believe you would do such a thing. Man I would never...oh wait, that's a lie.