Thursday, July 26, 2007

759

I just devoured 759 pages in 5 days.
I admit, it took me a lot longer to get through this Harry Potter than the last one, which was more like 800 pages and only took two days (and that's only because I had to work), but I didn't want to miss a single word. I wanted to solve every mystery.
I did ok on the mysteries--I guessed almost accurately who would die and who wouldn't--and I am satisfied with the ending and feel it was a good end to the series.

That being said, I have Harry Potter on the brain.

Now that I'm finished with the book, she wrote, I am narrating my own story in my mind. And I can't stop, she emphasized.
I keep imagining ways to jinx troublesome co-workers, suspecting the worst of my enemies (that they, for instance, are out to destroy me), and imagining what my patronus would look like (a sleepy, fat cat).
I think I'm sick, she wrote quickly--as if she didn't get it out fast enough she may not be brave enough to try again later.


This narration thing usually wears off in a couple of days, she finished hopefully, looking over her shoulder.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

HAHA, as long as you don't actually TALK like that. I won't go shopping with you.

Carla said...

Who's Harry Potter?

Kristin said...

Go Erin, go! Write like crazy. The world needs your narrative. Besides, I want to know if there's any family members who go down in flames.

Brandy Dopkins said...

It's like an episode of scrubs...

kristi noser said...

Girl, write a book already.