Friday, July 20, 2007

Woopsie Daisy

The month before Rich and I got married, I got two speeding tickets.
(I then proceeded to overdraw my checking account by $400, but that's neither here nor there.)
Since then I've changed my ways.
Many of you probably already know--I drive like an old lady. I even drive under the speed limit on residential streets.
So...you can guess what I'm about to tell you.
Rich and I traded cars yesterday so he could take the VW to Hudson for softball and put less miles on his company car. I took the company car (which has a much bigger engine and accelerates a lot faster than I am used to, especially with the AC on) to Cara's birthday party (Happy frickin' Birthday, Cara!!). I'm driving merrily down County B2 on the way to Famous Dave's on Snelling when I see an unmarked car swerve behind me at the stoplight.
I knew this was it.
I made it another quarter of a mile before I saw flashing blue and red lights in my rear view mirror.
I pulled over and the officer approached my car. "Do you know why I pulled you over?" she asked.
"Honestly, I don't."
She said, "You were going 48 in a 35 and you passed two cars."
"Really?!" I honestly had no idea.
So...she wrote me a ticket. When she came back, she said, "I have to give you a ticket, I'm sorry."
I said, "I'd give me a ticket, too! This isn't my normal car, and I didn't realize how fast it accelerates! I'm really sorry."

I have such a guilty conscience, I should have been Catholic.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I dont feel so bad about my ticket that I got the day of graduation :)

132.00, right? That's what mine was for, and I was doing 14 over.

We're SO sisters.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a REALLY GOOD TIME at dinner to make up for your ticket. Probably the most expensive dinner you have had in a LONG TIME. I am glad you came.....

~CARA