Friday, July 13, 2007

Garth Brooks

I don't usually like blogging or reading blogs about dreams, but this one is just too weird. I can't shake it.
The other night, I dreamt that Garth Brooks and I were best friends. We went to Bob & Brenda's campsite to hang out together with the family (and my husband), and he sang "A Dream is Like a River" (ironic??) to me.
The next day, on the way to the campsite in real life, the first song we heard on the radio was "Friends in Low Places."
Prophetic?
If our dreams mean something, as many people believe, what could this one possibly mean?
I'm telling you, in that dream, Garth and I were BFF (sorry, Jenna). Seriously. We finished each other's sentences, laughed at each other's zany senses of humor. We basically thought the other one was Very. Cool. There was no romantic involvement. Just great friends...
Let me boil this down for you:
I dream-believed that pudgy country music super stars with tight pants and cowboy hats were the coolest thing on the planet.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?

I'm interested in what you think it means. The person with the best interpretation of my dream wins a king-size candy bar of your choice.

7 comments:

Mandi said...

1-Garth Brooks is the shit. He isn't that pudgy, is he??

I think you dreamed the "Dream Is Like A River" song, cause we were supposed to go tubing on the lake on a beautiful day, and that's a dream come true. Then, on the way to the camper, you heard "Friends In Low Places", which refers to the family being located in such a remote spot such as Stone Lake, WI. If referring to Low Places as emotions--my emotions were running high, because I had low hopes that Brandon would be approved by the family.

That's my interpretation. It's either that, or you were simply depressed because I decided to drive up seperate from you guys, and you missed me!

Reeses, please!

Mandi said...

Disregard that "1", I was going to do a numbered list thing, but obviously forgot about that.

Anonymous said...

I think that Mr. Brooks is going to meet my foot in his rear very soon.

Thinks he can take BFF. He's got another think coming.
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Well, here it is.

The guitar is a plunger; Garth's singing was a big, wet cat sneeze to commemorate your anniversary at work and you're concerned that Garth Brookes could have ever won that belt buckle if he never even writes a blog you can lurk on before you make a comment.

Yep, pretty sure I nailed it.

Swampy

Brandy Dopkins said...

Don't worry- I have dreams that M&M has a crush on me and I have to tell Jay leno that I am not interesting in cheating on my hudsband with a rapper and he writes a song about me.

Freud would have a hey day with us.

NoOtherName said...

I think it means the same thing as when I dreamt I was best friends with Madonna...DREAMS ARE WIERD!!!

Mandi said...

Who wins the candy bar?! By the way, I got set up on e-mail at work finally.

Amanda.Plumm@Kuehne-Nagel.com

E-mail me so I have your work address again.