Monday, July 02, 2007

Chapped

My hide is chapped.
Or, my lips are, anyway.
Can someone please explain to me why for two weeks now, my lips have been chapped and sore? It's July now! NOT the season for chapped lips! No, I haven't been kissing any more than usual. No, I haven't changed any lotions or potions. So, what gives? The skin around my mouth is flaky and sore. I'm sort of disgusting. No amount of chapstick, Burt's Bees, or Vaseline seems to be aiding the problem.
Help! I think my face is falling apart!
My dad used to say, "How are you doing?"
I'd say, "Fine."
He'd say, "How's your face?"
I'd say, "Fine."
He'd say, "Well it's killing me!"
He would laugh uproariously as if this was the first time he had ever said it and I had fallen for it all over again.
Today, though, it might actually be true.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Hate to discuss this delicate issue in a public forum, but you could have a fungus on your lips. This is not uncommon. Go to an urgent care clinic, get in to see your dentist, someone who can make your face stop hurting other people. Please.

Katie R. said...

I was going to guess eczema(sp?) and suggest hydrocortizone. That's my non-expert opinion and I stress NON-expert. Hope you feel better.

erin said...

Holy crap, Aunt Kris.
Thanks a lot.
LOL.
Perhaps my face really is ROTTING off.
It's not so bad, just a little irritating.

Mandi said...

I don't feel bad for you as much as I should, only because for the last 2 weeks I have had the worst case of acne on my face that the world has ever seen. You know me--I dont really get acne. I had PATCHES of it on my face. Huge, sore, patches of gross acne. They put me on a drug that made me really sick. Which is why I resorted to tanning, and burned my butt.

Brandy Dopkins said...

Captian obvious here:
Are you drinking enough water?

Kristin said...

Mandi -- Burned ur butt? Ouch. Maybe u shoulda kept that part covered while tanning. Otherwise you could catch gross stuff like Erin has on her face. Just a thought...

kristi noser said...

Sargeant Obvious here, maybe you're allergic to the Melaleuca.

Mandi said...

Kristin,

I am a spaz and bring antiseptic whipes and wipe down the entire tanning bed before i get in it. Weird right? And yes, i burned my toosh, but not as bad as my back! :(

Anonymous said...

Erin, I am de-lurking here to let you know that I have had the same issue for the past week and have used hydrocortizone on it. I have some other lip issues for which I have a prescription, similar to what Kristin mentioned. Let me know if you want to email about this privately.