Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Well that was unpleasant...

After about 4 months, I've decided that acrylic nails just aren't for me. I like they way they look for the first 3 days after I get them done and then they just grow out too fast and resemble claws way too much.
So, over lunch today, I decided to go have them removed. I explained to the manicurist that I didn't want her to rip them off (I can do that), but I wanted her to grind them off.
Now, explain this to me.
She soaked my right fingernails in acetone while she started ripping off my left fingernails one by one. Then she ground off the right fingernails. Now my left nails are brittle and painful and my right nails are smoother and stronger.
Why did she do that?
It was a seriously painful lunch hour.
I won't be doing that again any time soon.
Youch!