Monday, July 30, 2007

VBS

It's Vacation Bible School week at FCC this week!
I love VBS week! It wasn't long ago that I was able to help out because I wasn't in school and had a part time job.
Since I can't be there to help this week, I will pray for those 216 little hearts and for the volunteers that are helping shape them and teach them about Jesus.
I have strong feelings about the role of the volunteer in a child's life--so strong, in fact, that I wrote an article about it. Checkitout.
This weekend, Larry pointed out that when Christ is introduced to a child at a young age, it often changes the course of that child's life.
Here's to VBS, and the tireless volunteers, leaders, kitchen and nursery workers! God will honor you for your hard work!
See you next year!
; )

2 comments:

Katie R. said...

Excellent article Erin. I haven't browsed the website lately so it was the first time I read the article. Very good.

kristi noser said...

I can't wait til next year!
Maybe Richard can take the week off and you can make it a Mr. and Mrs. leadership team!